Mar 1, 2008

Why I'm Here, and So Can You!

Hi, I’m Steven Bradford, and I’ve been a professional cameraman for over 25 years. I created this blog to share some of my experience with lighting and camera work, whether for film or digital video. I’ll be posting articles explaining both underlying theory for lighting, and useful tips and techniques for getting great pictures.

Anyone who has met me knows I love to share my experiences and knowledge, especially anything to do with my career choice as a cameraman. I’ve had some static web pages up for a long time, and I’ve taught workshops and college courses in film production. I also was the director of a film degree program at a four year college. Now I’m back to work as a full time free lance Director of Photography.

Over the years, I’ve come up with what I think are some clear and practical explanations of lighting and camera concepts. My goal is to use this blog to put those out there to a wide audience and with luck get some feedback and learn some new things too.

Here's my most current demo reel, with film and video examples from productions I've shot, in film and video.



All original material on this site created by me is copyrighted to me, Steven Bradford, and I reserve reproduction rights. Other websites and blogs are free to directly link to this site or to the pages on it. Images and text may only be posted or quoted on another web site if they link back to the original page where they appeared on my site, and show a credit to me, or to www.lenses-and-lights.com at the linking page.

If you are a teacher, and would like to use one of my pages in your classroom, you may display it directly from www.lenses-and-lights.com on a screen in your classroom with out seeking prior permission for me. This applies to K-12 and college uses, whether your school is a private, public, or proprietary institution.

Contact me directly at bradford@seanet.com for any other uses, including printing out for distribution to a class.

No comments: